Memory Pro by Pure Encapsulations What Is It?
Memory Pro is a multi-faceted memory support formula combining ingredients to promote healthy acetylcholine levels, neuron cell function, cerebral vascular blood flow, and antioxidant protection.*
Uses For Memory Pro
Neuronal Health: This formula combines acetyl-lcarnitine, phospholipids and herbal extracts to promote neuronal cell health and cognitive function. Acetyl-lcarnitine serves as an acetyl donor to support healthy levels of acetylcholine, a key neurotransmitter in the brain. Carnitine, provided in the form of acetyl-lcarnitine, is the main transporter of fatty acids into the mitochondria, encouraging energy production in the brain. Phosphatidylserine is an important cell membrane component critical for neuronal cell function and communication. Research suggests that phosphatidylserine promotes healthy neurotransmitter levels.*
Cranial Vascular Health: Ginkgo biloba and vinpocetine promote cerebral blood flow, vascular integrity and healthy red blood cell and platelet function in the brain. Curcumin, resveratrol and lemon balm extracts help to protect neurons from oxidative stress. Additionally, curcuminoids and resveratrol help maintain healthy vascular tissue in the brain by enhancing phagocytosis and proteosome activity. In a recent study, Curcumin C3 Complex® helped maintain healthy tissue in the brain by supporting macrophage activity.*
Memory Support: Studies suggest that phosphatidylserine helps promote spatial memory. The Ayurvedic herb Bacopa monniera promotes memory as well as mental function and information processing. The soothing properties of lemon balm are highlighted in one double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial, indicating that it promoted relaxation and cognitive function in elderly individuals.*
What Is The Source?
Acetyl-l-carnitine is synthetically derived. Phosphatidylserine is derived from soy. Ginkgo biloba extract (50:1) is derived from the leaf and standardized to contain 24% ginkgoheterosides and 6% terpene lactones. Vinpocetine is synthetically produced from vincamine, a constituent of the leaves of Vina minor (lesser periwinkle). Turmeric extract is derived from Curcuma longa and standardized to contain 95% curcuminoids. Lemon balm extract is derived from Melissa officinalis leaves and standardized to contain 5% rosemarinic acid. Resveratrol extract is derived from Polygonum cuspidatum root and standardized to contain 20% trans resveratrol. Bacopa monniera extract is derived from the leaf and standardized to contain 20% bacosides A & B.
† Curcumin C3 Complex® is a registered trademark and patented product of Sabinsa Corporation.
Pure Encapsulations recommends 3-6 capsules daily, in divided doses, with or between meals.
Are There Any Potential Side Effects Or Precautions?
Certain ingredients may cause gastrointestinal upset, mild headache or fatigue. Curcumin should be used with caution in individuals with bile duct obstruction. If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
Are There Any Potential Drug Interactions?
Certain ingredients may be contraindicated with blood thinning medication. Phosphatidylserine may be contraindicated with acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, anticholinergic or cholinergic medications. Consult your physician for more information.