- Anti-Inflammatory – Everyone experiences Inflammation. Its triggered as a protective response to harmful stimuli. Chronic inflammation can lead to serious conditions, like cancers, heart disease, and rheumatoid arthritis.4 Quercetin is thought to lower inflammation and inflammatory diseases like IBS because of its antioxidant properties.5 Research continues now in regard to Quercetin's effectiveness.
- Pain Fighter – Pain can be minimized by the anti-inflammatory effects of Quercetin, Quercetin can also help Autoimmune conditions, such as arthritis, and painful infections, such as prostate and respiratory infections.5
- Natural Antihistamine – Your body makes histamines to remove allergens. Runny nose, eyes, sneezing and coughing is your body's process of removing those allergens. An abnormal release of histamines can hurt your respiratory system, resulting in redness, irritation, and swelling.8 Quercetin can help with these respiratory problems. It influences intracellular enzymes and reduces excessive histamine excretion.3
- Helps Asthma - Quercetin functions as a bronchodilator (opens the airways of the lungs) and reduces the amount of inflammatory or allergic reaction chemicals in the body.2 As Such, Quercetin can reduce the severity of asthma attacks that react to those chemicals, and can also reduce various forms of congestion that are unrelated to asthma.2,3
- Cardiovascular Health - Studies have shown that Quercetin flavnoids, promotes overall cardiovascular health.3 It encourages blood flow. Researchers have also observed that Quercetin’s antioxidant action protects against bad cholesterol (LDL) oxidation, this is good because oxidation causes LDL cholesterol to stick to artery walls.3 Atherosclerosis, heart attacks, and strokes can be caused by too much LDL cholesterol.
- Balanced Blood Pressure – Quercetin naturally promotes balanced blood pressure. A Quercetin study reported that the participants experienced a stabilization in systolic, diastolic and average arterial pressure.3
- Anti-Cancer - Quercetin, like other flavonoids, seek out and neutralize free radicals in the body before they can damage the bodily systems, as such, it has the potential of being an anti-cancer agent.6 Ongoing studies, are pointing toward Quercetin being an important natural cancer-fighter - Quercetin has been connected to a reduction in pancreatic, prostate, colorectal, and skin cancers. 2,5
- Protects Against Stress - Your body produces cortisol in response to stress. Cortisol is a hormone that produces that “fight or flight” response. Cortisol is good and normal, yet when your stress levels are high and ongoing, cortisol can damage muscle tissue, leading to protein breakdown in the body. It can also encourage fat storage and inhibit fat loss. During times of extended stress, Quercetin suppresses the enzyme necessary for cortisol release.7
- Promotes Healthy Skin - A Quercetin filled diet (lots of colorful veggies and fruits) can contribute to youthful looking skin according to many dietitians8 Quercetin nourishes your skin naturally and enhances your complexion. As an antioxidant, Quercetin fights factors that promote early aging.8
1. https://www.livescience.com/52524-flavonoids.html. 2. https://www.organicfacts.net/quercetin.html. 3. https://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/health-benefits-of-quercetin/. 4. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/248423.php. 5. https://draxe.com/quercetin/. 6. http://europepmc.org/abstract/MED/10869101. 7. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22172629. 8. https://www.naturalfoodseries.com/11-proven-benefits-quercetin/. 9. https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-294/quercetin
Research Report - National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI):
"In vitro and some animal models have shown that quercetin, a polyphenol derived from plants, has a wide range of biological actions including anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory and antiviral activities; as well as attenuating lipid peroxidation, platelet aggregation and capillary permeability. This review focuses on the physicochemical properties, dietary sources, absorption, bioavailability and metabolism of quercetin, especially main effects of quercetin on inflammation and immune function. According to the results obtained both in vitro and in vivo, good perspectives have been opened for quercetin. ...."